history

La Bamba, whose origins date back to 1830 when it formed one of the post houses on the "Camino Real" (Royal Road) that linked Buenos Aires to the north of the country, is one of the oldest Argentinian colonial style estancias.
With its main building and its guard tower which served to defend against native attacks, its former stables (La Pulperia) and its 200 years old park, it is rooted in Argentine and Gaucho history.

Transformed into an estancia in the early twentieth century, it retained its name, derived from the Celtic word "Bahamba" which means "place of rest and hospitality", and was listed by the City of San Antonio de Areco in 1970. One of the first estancias to open its doors to the public in the 1980s and completely renovated in 2009 in the pure tradition, La Bamba has today regained its exceptional charm and original grandeur.